Frazier & Deeter is one of the largest and fastest growing CPA firms in the United States. Experienced CPAs and advisors, many with experience at larger national firms and/or corporate audit and accounting roles, are attracted to Frazier & Deeter’s entrepreneurial spirit, our focus on client service, and the long-term career opportunities presented by our growth trajectory.
Jim Frazier and David Deeter established the firm in 1981 with a vision of delivering service excellence. At Frazier & Deeter, we remain committed to that vision, which has helped us serve some of the nation’s most well-respected companies and individuals. As we grow, this vision remains a core component of our culture and our history. Now the nation’s 52nd largest CPA & advisory firm, a PCAOB registered firm with over 300 professionals, we work hard to ensure our employees and culture remain a priority. We are proud to have been named the #1 Best Accounting Firm to Work for in the U.S., a Best of the Best CPA firm and a Top 10 Best Public Accounting Firm in the U.S. for Women
Our brand promise is Investing in Relationships to Make a Difference. We believe in taking the time to get to know our clients and each other and in making the effort to support each other as we grow. We understand that by supporting people as individuals we can make a difference in their personal and professional lives.
Frazier & Deeter’s audit and assurance team is currently searching for an Audit Senior Associate for our Atlanta office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
· Execute assigned client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, budgeting, directing, and completing assigned tasks of the integrated and financial statement audit, and managing the engagement to budget.
· Supervise, train, and mentor assigned audit associates and interns on audit processes and assess the performance of the audit staff for engagement reviews.
· Work with members of the audit team to identify and resolve any client issues discovered during audit process.
· Gain a comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives.
Research and analyze accounting issues and transactions and any audit-related or tax-related issues utilizing electronic databases.
· Develop and communicate recommendations for business and process improvements.
· Maintain good working relationships with client personnel to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform audit services.
· Actively participate in audit planning meetings, closing meetings, and committee meetings as a key member of the audit team.
· Assist audit partners and senior management on client proposals and business development calls.
· Participate in on-going audit staff recruiting efforts as needed. Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or in a business related field is required. 150 semester hours of education is also required.
· 2-6 years of progressive external audit experience in a public accounting firm or a professional services firm is required.
· CPA license or parts of the CPA exam passed is preferred. A desire to obtain the CPA license is required.
· Demonstrated ability to supervise other audit staff while managing multiple client engagements and competing priorities in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
· Exceptional client service skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
· Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills, including proficiency in US GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB rules and standards.
· Strong leadership, recruiting, training and mentoring skills.
· Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
· Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and audit preparation software packages.