Manager, Financial Audit and Advisory
Process, Risk & Governance
Frazier & Deeter is one of the largest and fastest growing CPA firms in the United States. Experienced CPA’s and advisors, many with experience at larger national firms and/or corporate audit and accounting roles, are attracted to Frazier & Deeter’s entrepreneurial spirit, our focus on client service, and the long-term career opportunities presented by our growth trajectory.
Jim Frazier and David Deeter established the firm in 1981 with a vision of delivering service excellence. At Frazier & Deeter, we remain committed to that vision, which has helped us serve some of the nation’s most well-respected companies and individuals. As we grow, this vision remains a core component of our culture and our history. Now the nation’s 52nd largest CPA & advisory firm, a PCAOB registered firm with over 300 professionals, we work hard to ensure our employees and culture remain a priority. We are proud to have been named the #1 Best Accounting Firm to Work for in the U.S., a Best of the Best CPA firm and a Top 10 Best Public Accounting Firm in the U.S. for Women
Our brand promise is Investing in Relationships to Make a Difference. We believe in taking the time to get to know our clients and each other and in making the effort to support each other as we grow. We understand that by supporting people as individuals we can make a difference in their personal and professional lives.
Process, Risk & Governance Practice
Through its Process, Risk & Governance (PRG) practice Frazier & Deeter has developed a world-class team advising clients on all matters related to risk management, compliance, process improvement, IT optimization and internal controls. Our clients include a broad range publicly traded companies, high-growth pre-IPO organizations, and entrepreneurial private companies making a difference in a variety of industries – healthcare, fintech, technology, media and entertainment, banking, retail, manufacturing and distribution, gaming, hospitality, restaurants, and many more. We are a meaningful part of our client’ teams, providing insights, leadership and subject matter expertise that helps them successfully manage their most critical risk and control initiatives.
The menu of services delivered by our talented team includes:
- Internal audit advisory through outsourcing and co-sourcing relationships
- Sarbanes-Oxley program leadership
- Financial services advisory
- System and Organization Controls (“SOC”) examinations
- IT audit and risk assessment, including cybersecurity risk assessments and ISO 27001 certification
- Healthcare compliance such as HITRUST and HIPAA requirements
The PRG practice is well-positioned to pace the overall growth of the Firm due to our unique positioning in the marketplace and overall demand for our services. We are seeking self-motivated and qualified candidates with a passion for quality client service to join our growing team.
The PRG Manager, Financial Audit and Advisory will primarily be responsible for leading engagement teams in the day-to-day delivery of Internal Audit / Sarbanes-Oxley services. This may include serving mid-sized publicly traded companies (up to $5B in annual revenues), pre-IPO companies, industry-leading private companies, government agencies, non-profits, etc. The most successful candidate will have most or all of the following characteristics:
- 5+ years’ financial audit experience
- CPA mandatory, CIA and other relevant certifications desirable
- Demonstrated success in a client service role, preferably with Big 4 or national advisory firm with responsibility for leading Sarbanes-Oxley engagements
- Versatile industry experience a plus, specifically healthcare, technology, payments, and banking
- Financial statement audit experience desired, working knowledge of SEC reporting requirements and technical accounting standards strongly preferred
- Ability to interact with external auditors and members of senior management to co-develop expectations, design and manage project scope, and communicate and interpret key audit priorities and issues
- Exceptional project management skills with capability to present to Board / C-suite audience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Subject matter expertise related to Sarbanes-Oxley / PCAOB and SEC standards, trends and application – scoping and risk assessment, identifying significant accounts, preparing process documentation, identifying and preparing a risk and control matrix, creating test plans, ensuring quality and adherence to methodology through detailed review, ensuring accuracy of conclusions, clearly articulate findings and deliver actionable recommendations, evaluate severity of deficiencies
- Experience with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)InternationalStandards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, COSO 2013 Internal Control Framework, and COSO Enterprise Risk Management Framework
- Business acumen, ability to anticipate and escalate issues
- Ability to manage complex engagements, meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of IT general control concepts and IT control frameworks and standards (COBIT, GTAG, GAIT, etc.)
- Teaching and staff development
- Ability and appetite to invest into relationships
- Exemplify a positive attitude and strong work ethic with a commitment to teamwork and professionalism
- Ability to travel 20% to 40%
At Frazier & Deeter, we invest in our professionals. We offer an excellent benefits package, which includes: competitive salaries based on experience; medical, dental and vision insurance; 401(k); incentive compensation based on personal and Firm performance, plus annual busy season bonus and recruiting and new business bonus programs; fitness reimbursement and wellness programs; tuition reimbursement; paid parental leave and flex-time opportunities; community service offerings; and a variety of training and leadership development programs.
Our offices are located in Midtown Atlanta, Alpharetta, downtown Nashville, Tampa and Las Vegas.