Frazier & Deeter is seeking a highly motivated Manager for its Transaction Advisory Services practice (TAS). Our TAS practice provides private equity and corporate clients with buy side and sell side financial due diligence. We assess a prospect’s quality of earnings, analyze cash flows, review working capital, identify key business drivers, review forecasts, and conduct comprehensive discussions with management and their advisors. This is an opportunity for an entrepreneurial-minded individual to assist our Transaction Advisory Services Leader in the growth of this group and work with a variety of fast-growing, innovative companies.
Select Responsibilities Include:
- Assist with core financial due diligence – help to identify key risks and potential deal breakers, assess the strengths and weaknesses of the business against industry benchmarks, and assist with the evaluation of the potential transaction in the context of their clients’ investment strategy.
- Analyze detailed financial statement information including income statement, balance sheet, cash flow and key operational data. Synthesize and convert the data into meaningful information that is used to drive discussions with target management and drive observations and conclusions. Assess the quality of the target company’s reported earnings, net assets and cash flows.
- After an investigative analysis, assist in the preparation of deal-oriented reports and presentations for clients that highlight the key financial, commercial, and other findings facing investments and the drivers behind maintainable profits and cash flows. Assist the team in further articulating how such findings should be incorporated into the client’s valuation and sale/purchase agreement, and provide other negotiating points.
- Participate in meetings and conference calls with target company’s management and client personnel and serve as an additional level of contact for client personnel with respect to day-to-day execution matters.
- Partner with fellow TAS personnel on select Quality of Earnings engagements and lead other engagements as business requirements demand.
- Effectively manage day-to-day client and target company interaction and relationships.
- Develop and propose creative solutions to engagement and transaction risks and effectively manage problem resolution.
- Prepare project data books.
- Assist TAS management with business development, marketing and networking activities, oftentimes requiring attendance at early morning or after-hours events.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of public accounting audit experience
- 1-2 years of TAS experience
- Active CPA license.
- Ability to manage deadlines and multiple assignments, prioritizing each assignment as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of an organization, both internally and externally.
- Proficient use of applicable technology, notably MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Must be able to travel on short notice based on client and business needs, up to 30%.
- Prior financial statement audit or financial analysis experience.
- Prior transaction advisory experience is a plus.