Frazier & Deeter is seeking a highly motivated Senior Associate for its newly created Transaction Advisory Services practice (TAS). Our TAS practice provides private equity and corporate clients with buy-side and sell-side financial due diligence. We assess a prospect’s quality of earnings and assets, analyze cash flows, review working capital, identify key business drivers, review forecasts, and conduct comprehensive discussions with management and their advisors. This is a ground floor opportunity for an entrepreneurial-minded individual to assist our TAS National Practice Leader in the growth of this group and work with a variety of fast-growing, innovative companies and executive management.
Select Responsibilities Include:
- Assist with core financial due diligence – help to identify key risks and potential deal breakers, assess the strengths and weaknesses of the business against industry benchmarks, and assist with the evaluation of the potential transaction in the context of their clients’ investment strategy.
- Analyze detailed financial statement information including income statement, balance sheet, cash flow and key operational data. Synthesize and convert the data into meaningful information that is used to drive discussions with target management and drive observations and conclusions. Assess the quality of the target company’s reported earnings, net assets and cash flows.
- After a thorough financial and business analysis, assist in the preparation of deal-oriented financial due diligence reports and presentations for clients that highlight the key financial, business, and other findings facing investments and the drivers behind sustainable profits and cash flows. Assist the team in further articulating how such findings should be incorporated into the client’s valuation and sale/purchase agreement, and provide other negotiating points.
- Participate in meetings and conference calls with target company’s management and client personnel and serve as a secondary point of contact for client personnel with respect to day-to-day execution matters.
- Act as lead or assist on Quality of Earnings and income statement trend analysis.
- Act as lead on Quality of Net Assets (Balance Sheet) and Working Capital analyses.
- Effectively manage day-to-day client and target company interaction and relationships.
- Develop and propose creative solutions to engagement and transaction risks and effectively manage problem resolution.
- Prepare project data books.
- Between transactions, assist with building/maintaining client relationships and referral partner network
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of public accounting audit experience
- 1-2 years of TAS experience
- Active CPA license.
- Ability to manage deadlines and multiple assignments, prioritizing each assignment as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of an organization, both internally and externally.
- Proficient use of applicable technology, notably MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Must be able to travel on short notice based on client and business needs, up to 30%.
- Prior financial statement audit or financial analysis experience.
- Prior transaction advisory experience is a plus.